Guild of Maintainers Forum

It is currently 24 Mar 2019, 07:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 12:53 pm 
Guild Member
Send private message  Profile

KI Number: 62207
Alternate Avie: D'ni Photography Club
In line with my first "plan" for the Guild moving forward, we will be hosting a massive Guild recruitment drive in Ae'gura and the Neighborhoods (shying away from Kirel due to its size limitations if we tried to host an event, plus not many people keep up with online announcements).

The goal will be to go around and find the people who are "newer" to the Cavern, or those who may not know anything about what we do at all. The overall goal will be to inform, with our best-possible outcome being that A) people come to the site, register and visit it often and B) we gain anywhere from 1-10 new Maintainers who plan on remaining active.

In the meantime, I don't have quite "everything" hammered out in terms of when/how this would go down. And so I'm going to ask everyone who reads this (Maintainer and otherwise) to answer just a few simple questions:

1) Should we host it near the Guild Fair, or completely separate (I'm leaning towards separate)?
2) Should it last only a day/weekend, or stretch out longer (e.g. Sunday - Friday or a whole week)?
3) Who here would "actively" take part in the drive, helping me to get word around and perhaps informing people on the GoMa (I'd love for people to post saying they'd volunteer, to let me know where would be a more feasible space to undergo the early stages of the drive)?
4) Should we host any sort of event to cap-off the Recruitment Drive (taking suggestions, thinking of a few things, but don't even know if it'd do much more than be a gimmick. Might be best to stay informative for this, and work on more fun activities once we see a response)?

Like I said, I'm not 100% ready (both in preparation and having time to participate) to get it underway. So I'd like to use the time that I have to take a few final readings of what people think before we shift this into gear.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2010, 02:05 pm 

KI Number: 37681
Alternate Avie: Andy Legate ....... uhm.......
I can actively help, but I'll need dates and times.

My Navy Brag Page

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 01:32 pm 
Guild Member

KI Number: 140468
I can help, but like Andy, I'll need dates.

As for end of drive events, a party and/or guild meeting would seem appropriate.

"A seedling does not attempt to replace a tree that went before it. It only seeks to grow."
(D'ni proverb, revealed by RAWA, June 8, 2001)

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2010, 01:13 am 
Guild Member
Send private message  YIM  Profile

KI Number: 0
Alternate Avie: 0fullmetal0, masterchiefloser, mcloser
Dates are a definite need here as well. I haven't been active in cavern recently (combination of really bad internet at college and working close-to-full time at my job, if it weren't for the fact I had school I probably would be too)

A party to welcome any newcomers would be nice, maybe hold off on the meeting until there's a fair estimate of how many people actually join...

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2010, 01:25 am 

KI Number: 0
Rather than a party, one event that proved very popular in MOUL in the olden days was a photoshoot around a shared Gahreesen.

While the photoshoot could be dispensed with, some of the other activities -- races round the various buildings; jumping competitions; tag -- might be enjoyable.

You could still tie this in with a bespoke music stream for the occasion. Crazyraider?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 09:39 am 
Guild Member

KI Number: 62207
Alternate Avie: D'ni Photography Club
Alright, didn't get the "all around" response that the Proposal did, but I'm very glad you guys offered your time and support!

I've been extremely busy as of late (4 day weekend = 8 days worth of work), but I'm still trying to see what would work.

I don't know if you guys would like to do this, but perhaps we should start the recruitment drive on "Event Sunday" of the next Guild Fair? We could have the Recruitment Drive stretch from there on to Friday, and on Saturday we could wrap up with a Guild get-together in our Pub, maybe head to Jalak and tool around with a few games, and then head to Minkata for a livestream (similar to the Silk Road event that happened a while back).

But this is just an idea, and I want to hear what you guys think! I'll keep working right now, as I've got RL work and some more things Guild-based I'm trying to plan, but I'll keep checking the site over the coming days.

Thanks in advance for all the input!