Guild of Maintainers Forum

It is currently 22 Jan 2019, 08:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2010, 02:45 pm 
Send private message  Profile

KI Number: 37681
Alternate Avie: Andy Legate ....... uhm.......
Okay, the domain is up, but the website and forum are underconstruction. Nyn was successful in transfering the GoMa's data base, meaning that everyone that is a registered user of this forum, will be able to use the new one that I'm setting up with your username and password from here. You will NOT need to register at the new forum, unless you're a lurker here that has never registered at the GoMa foru.

Hopefully I'll have it all set up in a day or 2.

My Navy Brag Page

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 01:53 am 

KI Number: 0
Alternate Avie: J'Kla
andylegate wrote:
"American English is English with it's sleeves rolled up."

"Recieved Pronunciation English" is English of the BBC locked in a room in the 60's

"Mid Atlantic English" is English stuck on a raft not knowing if it will drift East or West practicing for either option.

Geordie English is English thats out on the beer on a Friday night in T'short an jeans watin in a Que t get inta a bar in the Big Market chatin up a hen party in fairy tutus an stilletas with snaw on the groond an a wind chill of minus 40 sayin "it's quite warm fer Febr'y. D' ye come here often pet?"

[Translation for RP and Mid Atlantic]
Geordie has gone out for a few drinks on Friday night and is waiting to enter a drinking establishment in "The Big Market" (a popular area of Newcastle), He is wearing a plain Tee Shirt and Jeans and has encountered a group of young ladys out celebrating a forthcoming wedding.

The girls are wearing exteemly short dresses and stilleto shoes. It is February and there is a brisk Northerly wind, both Geordie and the girls find this weather clement and remark upon it. Geordie wishing to befriend one of the party uses a familiar opening line asking if one girl in particular is a regular in The Big Market.
[/Translation for RP and Mid Atlantic]

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 02:33 am 

andylegate wrote:
Nyn was successful in transfering the GoMa's data base, meaning that everyone that is a registered user of this forum, will be able to use the new one that I'm setting up with your username and password from here.

“Transferring” sounds like Alternate Worlds now has a copy of the user database of GoMa, meaning that they will diverge in the future? Or do they share the same database?

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 06:12 am 

KI Number: 37681
Alternate Avie: Andy Legate ....... uhm.......
Diverge.

Anyone that shows up and is new at Alternate Worlds and registered there, will be only registered there. Same for the GoMa, if a new person comes here and registers here will only be registered here, they'll have to register over at Alternate Worlds if they want.

I had Nyn copy the database as there are many people here already that might be interested in Alternate Worlds and this way they won't have to register there as they already will be, such as yourself.

My Navy Brag Page